The MRC/Wits Agincourt Research Unit is an exceptional health and population research centre providing an extensive data resource resulting from years of longitudinal health and socio-demographic surveillance. It currently nests a number of observational and intervention studies- all undertaken with an interdisciplinary network of leading international scientists in the Agincourt sub-district in rural north-east South Africa. As part of ongoing core and nested work, the Unit seeks to appoint data management interns to learn and contribute to the management, maintenance and development of the Unit’s data system.
Agincourt – Bushbuckridge (Mpumalanga Province)
Key performance areas
- Assist with uploading of data into the appropriate data tracking data transfer portals.
- Providing basic general IT support to the field data collection team.
- Assist with analysis and extraction of data
- Perform data quality checks and control to ensure quality data
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality management systems
- Willingness to learn about IT as well as data management during their internship
Required minimum education and training
- A University Degree in Computer Science/Demography/Epidemiology or related discipline
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Basic database administration or database development experience.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel as well as Programming in NET (c#,vb.net) or any other language
- Attention to details and good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to reside in Bushbuckridge – Mpumalanga
How To Apply
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state which vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV to: Lucia Milton