The South African Medical Research Council, Environment and Health Research Unit (EHRU) requires a suitably qualified and experienced Social Science Research Assistant to collect and manage qualitative data within various research projects at the EHRU.
- Collect data using qualitative research methods
- Assist with translation of research documents from IsiZulu to English
- Complete quality control and quality assurance activities of the data and study related documentation
- Assist with the preparation activities for data analysis, presentations, manuscripts and research-related reports
- Provide research administrative support to the study investigators
- 3 years degree or accredited certificate in social sciences, natural sciences, health sciences or similar
- 2 years’ experience in research, social sciences or related environment
- 1 years’ experience using qualitative methods for data collection
- Transcriptions and translation experience within industry standards
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office packages
- Fluent in both English and IsiZulu
A salary in the region of R233 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
This position is targeted for the E&HRU offices in Durban.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R193A) IN ALL COMMUNICATION.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the website to complete an online application.