The South African Medical Research Council’s Environment and Health Research Unit (EHRU) requires a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Scientist (S) / Specialist Scientist (Entry) to oversee key EHRU research projects. Applicants should have a keen interest in, and suitable qualifications and research experience related to environmental or public health.
- The candidate will take part in and lead research that will result in the production of multiple, internationally recognized scientific outputs, the supervision of post graduate students, the generation of income and contribute to the translation of research findings into measures of public health benefit to the South African public.
- Master’s degree in natural sciences, health sciences, public health or similar.
- At least three years of research/project management experience
- A completed PhD, or commencement thereof, would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in one or more statistical analysis packages, especially STATA, would be advantageous.
- Publications in indexed journals.
A salary in the region of R631 000.00 to R691 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
This position is targeted for the E&HRU offices in Johannesburg (hosted by the University of Johannesburg at the Doornfontein campus).
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R192A) IN ALL COMMUNICATION.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the website to complete an online application.