OrganisationUniversity of the Western Cape
LocationCape Town , South Africa
The Faculty of Community & Health Sciences has an international reputation for innovative teaching, learning and research, in programmes which are; inter-professional, community-based, and service-learning orientated. Within this framework, the Faculty of Community and Health Sciences is committed to ensure the School of Public Health’s reputation as a leading education provider for postgraduate programmes.
The Faculty of Community and Health Sciences seeks to permanently appoint a Senior Lecturer within the School of Public Health.
Academic responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating activities in postgraduate academic or clinical programmes.
- Teaching and learning at postgraduate levels.
- Successful research supervision of master’s and doctoral candidates.
- Involvement in community engagement and securing funding or third stream income.
- Publications and independent research, highlighting the impact on the community.
- A PhD in Public Health or a related field and/or a qualification as a registered Public Health Specialist.
- 5 years in an academic, research and clinical environment.
- Proven research and publications in refereed journals.
- Record of experience with postgraduate supervision.
- A NRF rating will be an advantage.
Apply directly via UWC Careers at https://uwc.hua.hrsmart.
For further details regarding the post, please contact Prof. Uta Lehmann on +27 21 959 3545.
For any queries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756.
In line with the University’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants in line with employment targets of the university. The University reserves the right not make an appointment or make an appointment at a different level and seek additional candidates.