The School of Pharmacy at the University of the Western Cape has a strong patient and service orientated education, building on a sound scientific base and active research. The School intends to appoint an experienced Academic Pharmacist or Pharmacologist to complement and enhance its teaching and research effort in clinical pharmacy.
Key responsibilities will include the education and clinical training of BPharm and postgraduate students in the School of Pharmacy and in clinical settings, providing research leadership and contributing towards the continuous improvement of the academic and postgraduate programme of the School.
The minimum requirements are:
- A BPharm / MBChB or related degree and PhD in Pharmacology/Clinical Pharmacology or PharmD;
- Registration with the appropriate Professional Council (SAPC or HPCSA) to practice in South Africa;
- Teaching and clinical practice experience with a student centred and innovative approach towards teaching and learning;
- Accredited publication record in the field of clinical pharmacology/clinical pharmacy;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Collaborative partnerships with academic institutions, government departments, community health and/or research organisations.
Further information about this position can be obtained from the Director of the School of Pharmacy, Prof. Sarel Malan, (+27 21 9592190).