OrganisationMedecins Sans Frontieres
LocationKhayelitsha , South Africa
The epidemiologist is responsible for the organization and completion of the M&E of HIV related MSF pilot projects related to differentiated models of care. This requires knowledge and understanding of the data collection processes in Khayelitsha health care facilities, including electronic databases that can be accessed remotely to paper register/patient folder data that needs to be collected at the facility. The HIV epidemiologist must understand the flow of patient information from patient folder to provincial statistics, and often needs to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance sub-district M&E involving both Province and City Health.
- Masters in Public Health or MSc Epidemiology , or other related masters in a scientific discipline
- Proven record of publications in peer reviewed journals and acceptance of abstracts in national and international HIV conferences
- Experience in data management, data cleaning, reporting and training data staff
- Experience in statistical analyses
- Previous training and experience using database software: MS Access, Stata (essential), Epidata, CSPro or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience working with data/databases
- Proven experience working with electronic HIV/AIDS databases
3 month contract.
Email Danielle Piet to apply.
|Contact person||Danielle Piet|