OrganisationUniversity of Antwerp
LocationAntwerpen , Belgium
NSETHIO, an ERC funded project to study the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic countries is looking for a full time epidemiologist (post-doc level) to join the research team.
Profile Essential criteria:
- Excellent knowledge of epidemiology, experience with data management and statistical data analysis
- Experience with participating in a research project in developing countries (preferably in Africa) is an important asset
- Excellent organizational skills and able/willing to travel to remote places in Africa • Strong interest in scientific work; flexible, autonomous, strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Good communicative skills, collaborative and multidisciplinary interest
- Outstanding academic record
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of French, both oral and written Function
- Participate in a trans-disciplinary research project to identify the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic regions
- Develop research protocols
- Visiting research study sites in Africa and assisting in coordinating local research activities.
- Writing scientific publications on project results
- Assist in policy development based on study results
An initial 12 months fixed-term contract for a full-time position, extendable with a minimum of two additional years after positive evaluation. The position can be taken up immediately, but timing can be agreed upon; salary according to university standard remuneration rates, depending on academic qualifications and former professional experience.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a summary of your motivation and relevant experience to Prof Robert (Bob) Colebunders, [email protected]
|Contact person||Prof Robert (Bob) Colebunders|