For decades, IHI has been a world-renowned leader in health care improvement, teaching proven methodologies for making and sustaining change. In February 2018, IHI will bring its experience and expertise to Durban, South Africa for an unprecedented three-day conference — the first ever Africa Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare. Featuring presenters from throughout Africa and across the globe, this bold new conference has been specifically designed to address the unique challenges faced by the health care community living and working in Africa.
Whether you are a health system leader, policy-maker, health care professional, student, NGO representative, or patient advocate, this conference will provide you with the tools and techniques you need to make measurable progress in your facility or organization. This conference is for individuals working in both the private AND public health care sectors. You will learn from innovative quality improvement initiatives that have improved health outcomes in Africa, and have the opportunity to extensively network with your peers to share successes and challenges.
- Building improvement skills and capability
- Engaging leaders, health workers, and others in quality improvement work
- New methods of measurement and data analysis
- High-impact leadership
- Improving maternal and child health
- Preventing and treating infectious/communicable diseases
- Strategies for better person- and family-centered care
- Solutions to ensure patient and staff safety
- Ideas to increase equity
- Suggestions for strengthening public health systems
View see the conference programme for more information.
IHI has a limited number of scholarships available to offset the conference price. To apply for an Africa Forum scholarship, please fill out this form.